Grateful for All that is Ours in Christ!
Part 4 of a 5 part series-
I began this simple exercise in gratitude by recalling some familiar verses in the Pauline epistles, but then quickly found myself leafing through each letter, scanning for spiritual blessings. I began at 6:30 in the morning leafing through Romans, and finally finished with Philemon around 10:30, four hours later.
Sonlife’s resource, 33 Things That Happen at the Moment of Salvation, is only the beginning of mining the depths of all that is ours in Christ Jesus. The list I compiled Thanksgiving morning is not exhaustive, I’m sure, but it filled my heart with awe in worship for the one in whom I’ve found blessings beyond comprehension.
The list I compiled Thanksgiving morning is too long to share in a single blog, so I’ve decided to split it up and share it with you to reflect on between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the perfect season to worship our Savior for all the spiritual blessings that are ours in Him. Enjoy this fourth installment of Spiritual Blessings that are ours in Christ Jesus!
91. Thank you Father that in Christ you make it possible for us to become spiritually mature.
“until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.”Ephesians 4:13 NIV
92. Thank you Father that in Christ I can forgive others.
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”Ephesians 4:32 NIV
93. Thank you Father that in Christ I can walk in the way of love.
“and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”Ephesians 5:2 NIV
94. Thank you Father that in Christ I am now a child of the light.
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light”Ephesians 5:8 NIV
95. Thank you Father that in Christ I can arm myself for spiritual battle.
“Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.”Ephesians 6:11 NIV
96. Thank you Father that your Spirit will give me words to fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.
“Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,”Ephesians 6:19 NIV
97. Thank you Father that in Christ you will complete the good work you have begun in me.
“being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”Philippians 1:6 NIV
98. Thank you Father that in Christ I can be filled with the fruit of righteousness.
“filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.”Philippians 1:11 NIV
99. Thank you Father that in Christ, for me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”Philippians 1:21 NIV
100. Thank you Father that in Christ I have been granted the privilege of suffering for Christ.
“For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him,”Philippians 1:29 NIV
101. Thank you Father that in Christ I can have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.
“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:”Philippians 2:5 NIV
102. Thank you Father that in Christ you are at work in me to act in order to fulfill your good purpose.
“for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.”Philippians 2:13 NIV
103. Thank you Father that I can consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ.
“What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ”Philippians 3:8 NIV
104. Thank you Father that in Christ there is a prize awaiting for which I’ve been called heavenward.
“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”Philippians 3:14 NIV
105. Thank you Father that in Christ my citizenship is in heaven.
“But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,”Philippians 3:20 NIV
106. Thank you Father that in Christ I don’t have to be anxious about anything.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”Philippians 4:6 NIV
107. Thank you Father that in Christ your peace transcends understanding and guards my heart and mind.
“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”Philippians 4:7 NIV
108. Thank you Father that in Christ I can be content in all circumstances.
“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.”Philippians 4:12 NIV
109. Thank you Father that I can do all things because Christ is my strength.
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”Philippians 4:13 NIV
110. Thank you Father that in Christ you promise to meet all my needs.
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”Philippians 4:19 NIV
111. Thank you Father that in Christ there is a hope stored up for me in heaven.
“the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel”Colossians 1:5 NIV
112. Thank you Father that in Christ I am strengthened with endurance and patience.
“being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,”Colossians 1:11 NIV
113. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been qualified to share in the inheritance of your holy people.
“and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.”Colossians 1:12 NIV
114. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been rescued from the dominion of darkness.
“For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,”Colossians 1:13 NIV
115. Thank you Father that I’ve been created by you and for you.
“For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.”Colossians 1:16 NIV
116. Thank you Father that in Christ I am free from accusation and I’ve been presented holy in your sight.
“But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—”Colossians 1:22 NIV
117. Thank you Father that because Christ lives in me I possess the hope of glory.
“To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”Colossians 1:27 NIV
118. Thank you Father that my life is rooted and built up in Christ.
“rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”Colossians 2:7 NIV
119. Thank you Father that in Christ I am brought to fullness.
“and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.”Colossians 2:10 NIV
120. Thank you Father that in Christ the guilty verdict of my sin has been nailed to the cross.
“having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.”Colossians 2:14 NIV
Look for our fifth and final installment of Spiritual Blessings next week.