Grateful for All That is Ours in Christ!
Part 3 of a 5 part series-
I began this simple exercise in gratitude by recalling some familiar verses in the Pauline epistles, but then quickly found myself leafing through each letter, scanning for spiritual blessings. I began at 6:30 in the morning leafing through Romans, and finally finished with Philemon around 10:30, four hours later.
Sonlife’s resource, 33 Things That Happen at the Moment of Salvation, is only the beginning of mining the depths of all that is ours in Christ Jesus. The list I compiled Thanksgiving morning is not exhaustive, I’m sure, but it filled my heart with awe in worship for the one in whom I’ve found blessings beyond comprehension.
The list I compiled Thanksgiving morning is too long to share in a single blog, so I’ve decided to split it up and share it with you to reflect on between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the perfect season to worship our Savior for all the spiritual blessings that are ours in Him. Enjoy this third installment of Spiritual Blessings that are ours in Christ Jesus!
61. Thank you Father that in Christ I am your ambassador.
“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.”2 Corinthians 5:20 NIV
62. Thank you Father that Christ was made sin for me that I might be made righteous in Him.
“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV
63. Thank you Father that in Christ I have received God’s favor.
“For he says, ‘In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.’ I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.”2 Corinthians 6:2 NIV
64. Thank you Father that for my sake Christ became poor so that I might become rich in Him.
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.”2 Corinthians 8:9 NIV
65. Thank you Father that in Christ you have enriched me in every way so I can be generous on every occasion.
“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”2 Corinthians 9:11 NIV
66. Thank you Father that in Christ your grace is sufficient, your power is made perfect in my weaknesses.
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV
67. Thank you Father that I have been crucified with Christ and Christ lives in me.
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”Galatians 2:20 NIV
68. Thank you Father that we are one in Christ Jesus.
“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”Galatians 3:28 NIV
69. Thank you Father that in Christ I can walk by the Spirit.
“So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”Galatians 5:16 NIV
70. Thank you Father that in Christ I can display spiritual fruit.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”Galatians 5:22-23 NIV
71. Thank you Father that in Christ I can live by the Spirit.
“Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”Galatians 5:25 NIV
72. Thank you Father that in Christ I’m given the strength to carry other’s burdens.
“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”Galatians 6:2 NIV
73. Thank you Father that in Christ my hard work will reap a spiritual harvest.
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”Galatians 6:9 NIV
74. Thank you Father that in Christ the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
“May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.”Galatians 6:14 NIV
75. Thank you Father that in Christ you have chosen me to be holy and blameless in your sight.
“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love”Ephesians 1:4 NIV
76. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been adopted into your family.
“he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—”Ephesians 1:5 NIV
77. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve received forgiveness for my sins.
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace”Ephesians 1:7 NIV
78. Thank you Father that in Christ you’ve made known to me the mystery of your will.
“he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,”Ephesians 1:9 NIV
79. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been chosen beforehand to belong to you.
“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,”Ephesians 1:11 NIV
80. Thank you Father that I’ve been included in Christ.
“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation.”Ephesians 1:13a NIV
81. Thank you Father that in Christ I’ve been marked with the seal of the Holy Spirit.
“When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,”Ephesians 1:13b NIV
82. Thank you Father that in Christ your Spirit helps me to know you better and better.
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.”Ephesians 1:17 NIV
83. Thank you Father that in Christ the power that raised Christ from the dead is at work in me.
“and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,”Ephesians 1:19-20 NIV
84. Thank you Father that I’ve been made alive in Christ.
“But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.”Ephesians 2:4-5 NIV
85. Thank you Father that I’ve been created in Christ Jesus to do good works.
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”Ephesians 2:10 NIV
86. Thank you Father that in Christ the barrier wall has been removed.
“For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,”Ephesians 2:14 NIV
87. Thank you Father that in Christ I have access to you.
“For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.”Ephesians 2:18 NIV
88. Thank you Father that Christ dwells in my heart by faith.
“so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,”Ephesians 3:17 NIV
89. Thank you Father that in Christ I can know the depths of your love.
“may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,”Ephesians 3:18 NIV
90. Thank you Father that in Christ you are able to do immeasurably more that all I could ever ask or imagine.
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,”Ephesians 3:20 NIV
Look for our fourth installment of Spiritual Blessings next week.